The Division of Earth Sciences and Geography is widely internationally connected. In addition to various research cooperations of the individual institutes, the division has the following joint international projects:
- Establishment, support and quality assurance of the B.Sc. Applied Geosciences and M.Sc. Applied Geosciences programs at the German University of Technology (GUtech) in Muskat, Oman.
- For several years now, the English-taught IDEA League Joint Master Applied Geophysics has been successfully run together with TU Delft and ETH Zürich.
- After the successful reaccreditation of the Applied Geosciences (M.Sc.) prorgam, the two specialization fields Energy and Mineral Resources (EMR) and Applied Mineralogy and Crystallography (AMC) are now completely offered in English.
- Furthermore, the department has established the research institute Indo-German Centre for Sustainability IGCS at the Indian Institute IIT Madras in Chennai, India.
- Since 2017 build up of a German-Indonesian Geo-Campus GetIn-CICERO (German Indonesian Geo-Campus in Indonesia for Competence in Education and Research for Organizations) at Gadjah Mahda University.