AGW MSc: SPO 15 - 19
On this page you will find all important information in regard to switching to the new PO 19.
Important information and documents
|Start of the SPO 19:
||October 1, 2019
|Legally binding information:
|Transitional regulations regarding the SPO 15:
||Completion of a degree under the SPO 15 is possible before March 31, 2021 (= submission of the last examination). After this deadline, all students still enrolled under SPO 15 will automatically be transferred to the SPO 19.
|Short summary of the most important changes:
- Two of three specialisations have new names
- "Geophysics-Hydrogeology-Engineering Geology" (GHI) will become "Geoengineering“ (GIN)
- „Geomaterials“ (GeoMat) will become „Applied Mineralogy and Crystallography“ (AMC)
- Several changes regarding stipulations and admission requirement
- An internship is not a programme requirement any more
- Organic geochemistry shifts from the geoscientific to the scientific module category. As such under the SPO 19, there are no stipulations for students of the Bachelor's programme GRM when starting with the Master's programme AGW.
- New language requirements for "Geoengineering" (GIN). In addition to the German certificate (C1), an English certificate (B2) will also be required.
- New language requirements for "Applied Mineralogy and Crystallography" (AMC). Only a B2 level English certificate is required; German language skills are no longer a requirement
- New structure in the mandatory and elective module catalogue of "Geoengineering" (GIN) and "Applied Mineralogy and Crystallography" (AMC)
- New structure in the elective module catalogue of "Energy and Mineral Resources" (EMR)
|Switching exam regulations:
By submitting a request at the examinations board it is possible to switch to the new exam regulations
- by July 31 for the following winter semester
- by December 31 for the following summer semester
Please find the template in the forms and template collection.
The equivalence regulations are attached to the examination regulations.