Applied Geography (M.Sc.)
GeographyCopyright: © Benoit Pesch
In the Master's programme, the knowledge gained in the Bachelor's programme is deepened. There are several options for specialisation in the Master's programme in Applied Geography. Depending on the choice of geography modules, the minor subject as well as supplementary modules from other RWTH-specific subjects, students can form an individual career-oriented study profile.
Building on the following elective modules.
- Applied landscape systems analysis,
- Applied Climatology and Modelling,
- Applied Urban Geography,
- as well as an economic geography module
- and the compulsory module: Geographical Methods Deepening
serves as an elective offer of non-geographical subjects such as
- Waste and Environmental Engineering
- Social sciences
- Quality and water management systems
- Urban water and waste management
- Urban planning
- Environmental Biology
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Environmental management
- Transport and spatial planning
The programme includes a professional internship and the completion of a Master's thesis.
All information on the Master of Applied Geography can be found on the website of the Department of Geography.