Getting to Aachen by Plane
How to reach us
Directions to the Info Service Center from Aachen's train stations and by car
From Frankfurt Airport
- By train: The train ride from Frankfurt to Aachen takes about two to three hours, depending on the connections, with a changeover at Cologne Main Train Station. It costs between 47 and 61 Euros, depending on if you take a regional train with stops in between or quicker ICE connection with the Deutsche Bahn. Tickets can be acquired with either cash or credit card as follows:
at all DB shops
onboard ICE/IC/EC directly from the train attendant (price on board)
at DB automats at regional stations at any time
at the train office at the airport
- By taxi: The cost to take a taxi from Frankfurt to Aachen is about 400 Euros. The drive must be booked two to three days in advance.
From Dusseldorf Airport
- By train: Depending on the connections, the train ride from Dusseldorf to Aachen takes about one and a half to two hours with the Deutsche Bahn. Some connections require a changeover at Dusseldorf Main Train Station or Cologne Main Train Station. Costs range between 21 and 30 euros, depending on if you choose a regional train with multiple stops or a quicker ICE connection from the Deutsche Bahn. Tickets can be purchased with cash or credit card in the train office at the airport or at DB automats at regional stations at any time.
- By taxi: The cost to take a taxi from Dusseldorf to Aachen ranges between170-190 Euros. The drive must be booked in advance.
From Cologne/Bonn Airport
- By train: Depending on the connections, the train ride with Deutsche Bahn from Cologne/Bonn Airport to Aachen takes about one to one and half hours with a changeover at Cologne Main Train Station. Costs range from 15-25 Euros. Tickets can be purchased with cash or credit card in the train office at the airport or at DB automats at regional stations at any time.
- By taxi: The cost to take a taxi from Cologne/Bonn Airport ranges between 110-140 Euros. The drive must be booked in advance.
From Maastricht Airport
- By bus: The shuttle transfer from Maastricht Airport to the Maastricht bus terminal takes about 20 minutes and costs about four euros. The shuttle bus stops across from the passenger terminal and waits in the event that a flight is delayed. You can take bus line 50 from the Maastricht bus terminal to Aachen. You can switch to a local bus, which will bring you to your accomodations. The bus ride costs about three euros.
- By taxi: The cost to take a taxi from Maastricht to Aachen is about 70 Euros. The drive must be booked in advance.
From Brussels Airport (Zaventem)
1. By train: take Deutsche Bahn from Brussels or alternatively use Belgian rail (SNCB). A single ticket with Deutsche Bahn costs around 40 euros and the journey takes around 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on your connection.
2. Private bus companies offer transfers from Brussels Airport to Aachen. You usually have to book these online in advance. The journey takes around 2.5 to 3 hours. A single journey can cost around 20 euros.
3. By taxi: it costs around 220 euros to take a taxi from Brussels to Aachen. The journey must be booked in advance and you will be offered a fixed price.
Last Minute Accomodations
In the event that you are an immediate need of accomodations after your arrival in Aachen, there are number of hotels here in diverse price ranges. Additionally there are hostels in the region and RWTH Aachen's guesthouses, which only have a small number of accomodation possibilities.