Structure of study at the RWTH Aachen UniversityRWTH Aachen
After the achievement of geoscientific knowledge which is ordinary obtained by the bachelor course of study, the students receive intensified acquirements in an obligating field which includes geoscientific methods, licensing and environmental law as well as project management. Starting with the first master semester, the students choose between a specialization in field of “Resource Management” and “Environmental Management”.
- Detailed knowledge of raw material management, including environmental aspects
- Knowledge of formation and structure of hydrocarbon deposits from mineral deposits and from coal deposits
- Knowledge of economic aspects in relation to material flows of mineral and energy resources
- Elementary knowledge of numerical simulation techniques in field of hydrocarbon and ore deposits
- Knowledge of raw material production including risk assessment
- Provision of knowledge in field of energy resource management and renewable energy technology
- Detailed knowledge of environmental management
- Knowledge of land management with consideration of landfills and brownfields
- Detailed knowledge of organic and inorganic environmental geochemistry
- Detailed knowledge in determining the risk of mass movements and GIS-based analyses
- Knowledge in recycling management and environmental assessment
- Competencies for cooperation with civil engineers in the field of groundwater catchment and groundwater management
- Competences for cooperation with civil engineers in the field of wastewater treatment and waste water draw-off
The masterīs degree is complemented by field trips, practical exercises on computer, and laboratory work. In the end of both path of specialization, a master thesis completes the master study.